Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Moosewood Rice Pudding, Kendra Style

I recently found a recipe book in the library that I've been wanting to see for years. It's the Moosewood Cookbook, from a famous vegetarian restaurant in Ithaca, NY. I tried its recipe for rice pudding (one of my absolute favorite foods in the universe), and I adapted it to make it a bit healthier. The result was scrumptous!

2 cups cooked brown rice
2 eggs
1 cup soymilk (or regular milk)
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup raisins
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 cup of whole milk yogurt

Beat eggs, soymilk, and agave together until well mixed. Add vanilla, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and stir. Fold in rice and raisins. Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25 minutes, stirring the mixture well every 8 minutes or so. Remove from oven (mixture will be thick). Let cool for 10 minutes, and mix in yogurt. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment